Thursday 12 May 2011

so i wrote to remind you that somehow.

Let me tell you how good I am at volleyball.

I'm friggen awesome.

ahahahhahahahaa. I wish.

Last night, I mustered up the courage to expose my volleyball skills to some of the residents when I was asked to join them for some beach volleyball outside of our building.

Little did they know what they were getting themselves in to.

Now, let me clarify. I am gifted at a lot of things. I can mix a sound board, I can memorize lines for a play no problem, I can write eloquent essays, I can breed beautiful Sims, I can speak jargon from both my social science classes and my business classes, I can plan awesome events, teach a sweet sunday school lesson and I know my way around a toolkit in woodshop.

I am not blessed in the area of atheletics.

Particularly, volleyball.

If volleyball was all about sound effects and kicking sand, I'd be pro.

But, alas, it is not. and I suck at all the skills it requires to be good at volleyball.

It pretty much went down like, a series of me grunting and flailing my awkward limbs around in a desperate attempt to have them make contact with the ever daunting ball.

I still gave it 110% of my effort, and although I was still by no means even almost good, I did improve my skills towards the end of the hour.

Well, practise makes gradually less sucky, right?

- ella faye

No comments:

Post a Comment