Saturday 28 May 2011

i just want to be perceived the way i am.

today I made approximately 300 mocktails.

my body aches.

i'm sticky.

and I can't feel the tips of my fingers are numb, making typing this amazingly difficult.

4 hours, 300 mocktails.

I don't do math, but if I did, I would tell you that's fast.



Today was tour day at UW, and I was nominated as Mocktail queen.

It all started last year, when a guy bailed on a student event, and I filled him by making mocktails for him. So, when we decided to sell ourselves out by handing out free food and beverages, it was an easy pick to put me up for the job.

After long arguments with my boss, I was not allowed to wear a coconut bra and grass skirt (which SO would have sold our rooms!) but I didn't let that get me down. I knew I could become the mocktail master, and nothing was going to stop me.

I was out there like a machine! Running three blenders at once, trying not to slip on ice on the floor, socializing with those desperate highschool boys who don't really want to be on these tours but their moms make them, and putting cute little umbrellas just so on the side of the glasses.

But, sadly, I might be a mocktail machine, but I am not creative.

We ran out of grenadine, sprite, lemonade, and just about every other source of flavour,
so by the end of tour days, every mocktail was just a diluted orange-pineapple frothy mush. yumm.

I tried to solve the problem by using some juice from the caf, but no luck.

I tried making them look cute (as we'd also run out of umbrellas) by putting orange slices on the side.

still no.

oh well, you win some, you lose some.

but seriously, i should drop out and bartend for the rest of my life. Also, come to UW, we've got it going on (and we hand out free food now).

Also, on a side note, I'm missing theatre today. 
- ella faye

No comments:

Post a Comment