Wednesday 6 April 2011

i'm in love alright (with my crazy beautiful life)

Jay, my 57 year old, four foot seven, little romeo.

The sweetest man I ever did meet.

Jay has down syndrome, and he has a heart of gold. He knows when I'm upset, and will pet my hair and repeat "twee twee twee" affectionately. Who have known something so silly could be so soothing?! He kisses my cheek and my hand, gives me big long hugs, and laughs at all my jokes.

And as if that isn't enough to make him the perfect man, he also loves Ke$ha.

I know right?! Seriously, I should marry him!

This morning, after breakfast, I was sitting in the music room with Jay, and Max, my German temporary significant other was visiting us. I heard the opening for Blow, by Ke$ha, and of course, I got excited.

For those of you who don't know me as well, I want to be Ke$ha. I mean, if I could drop out of school with the guarantee that I can flaunt my body and sing talk to some catchy tunes to make me enough money to live comfortably for the rest of my life, I'd take that opportunity in a heartbeat.

Also, I love how she empowers women. It's not your typical "Stop objectifying women approach!" she's all, "if you're going objectify me that's fine, but I'm going to objectify men!" - which her song Blah, Blah, Blah was perfect for.

Anyways, so Max roles his eyes at me, because he's all ACDC and Led Zeppelin (don't judge me, but I had to look up how to spell Zeppelin), and I'm all Ke$ha and Sara Bareilles. But then, Jay stands up, and starts swinging his hips.

I mean, this man, is dancing. Like full on, hip swinging, hands in the air, feet shuffling, dancing. The man has trouble standing up from the couch without help, and is scared to walk through door frames, but he was dancing better than I ever could!

It was so light hearted and refreshing, I actually began to laugh out loud!

It's so important to grab hold of the pure, simple and raw moments that make our lives so beautiful. Stop looking so hard for things to "entertain" you, and enjoy the beauty God has already blessed your life with. You'd be surprised at the random moments when it comes out. Make sure not to miss them!

- ella faye

No comments:

Post a Comment