Thursday 7 April 2011

i am a lady in spain

" if you really love someone, their bodily fluids won't seem gross to you! "

these were my wise words to my best friend courtney one afternoon.

Although initially on a topic that I won't discuss on a blog my mother could someday stumble upon, this statement has found a new meaning for me.

I have dealt with more poop and pee, snot, spit and vomit in the last four months, then I think I have cumulatively in my whole life.

Yes, it's still gross when Jay throws up at the table. Yes, it still never ceases to amaze me that Miss M picks her nose with her tongue. But, at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me all that much. I love them so much, and dealing with all sorts of gross things is just part of taking care of them.

I imagine this job is like parenting. I love the folks in my house like my family. And I don`t mind doing the gross and tiring things I do for them, because, I love them.

Seriously though, I have to love you pretty hard to deal with poop and vomit. Don`t test me.

- ella faye

No comments:

Post a Comment