Wednesday 13 April 2011

if anyone could make me a better person, you could.

sorry i haven't been around!

I went to Montreal with my sexy german friends.

amazing? yes.

My trip got me thinking, as most things do. But, you must care about what I'm thinking about, or else you wouldn't be here!

I am so thankful for the friends I have.

Like, Seriously!

I think many people can relate to being hurt by friends, and I'm no exception, I've had my fair share of shitty friends. But right now, I'm in such a great spot.

Max and Florian and I just had such a great time (well, at least I did, and they appeared to be too...)

And, Florian  made the plans for this trip.

This might seem silly but it actually really meant a lot to me.

Last summer I made plans for a canoe trip with some friends from school. People who meant the world to me and I still think very highly of. But they bailed last minute and I was out $200 dollars in deposits.

Then, I went to go see my friend Trevor's play later in the summer, in London, 3 hours from where I live. I had discussed picking up a friend of mine, (who was also supposed to come canoeing) and staying at her house on the drive home. It wasn't till on the drive to get her that she cancelled, and then I had no where to stay. Fortunately, my friend Morgan pitied me enough to let me stay with him.

But, with that said, the fact that Flo planned the trip meant to me that he cared enough to spend the time with me. If you plan something like this, you're less likely to bail last minute, and Florian reassured me about this.

I deserve friends like that. Who make effort for me.

You deserve friends like that too.

I don't need to be friends with everyone. I think I'm finally over that misconception. But, the friends I do have, I believe should actually make me happy, instead of always letting me down. I'm finally in a spot where I can see who is worth spending my effort on, moving so far from home has helped me with that. I won't always live in the same building as all of my friends. It's about time I looked beyond convenience and stuck it out with the people who will be there no matter where I'm at in life.

So, since I know you're going to read this... thanks Florian, you rock, and you have made a great impact in my life in the last four months. :) Don't ever change or be less awesome.

No matter what life throws at me, I know I have a solid team standing beside me. I have friends who will trade pokemon with me so I can beat the elite four, let me borrow clothes from, dance like the awkward white people we are at the clubs with, who will bring me ice cream when I'm sad and who will listen to Justin Bieber with me in the Golddigger. I'm ready for anything.

Thanks to all of you <3

- ella faye

No comments:

Post a Comment