Sunday 26 June 2011

you make me feel like i am home again.

oh heyyy.

so, it's another stressful week for me, with a test on tuesday and my speech on thursday, my stress level is a little high these days.

which is exactly why i needed my wonderful biffle jeff and my outstanding roommate Ainsley to come visit me this weekend. and to celebrate the baptism of a dear friend of mine Andrea. 

First, Jeff visited me to celebrate his nineteenth birthday. After shopping for club wear with Megan, making cute decorate mugs and playing a couple of mean games of euchre (which we won, obviously) he and I decided it was time to hit up the nightclub. We danced the night away, and it was super funtimes.

What I loved is that we just danced, innocently and wildly. We were not looking to "hook up" or attention from anyone, and we were not trying to behave as though we were anything more than friends. It was just pure, sweet and unhindered fun. A part from the fact he kept falling off the couch in my room waking me up through the night, his visit was perfect, and I miss him already!

then I was presently surprised by a visit from my old roommate Ainsley, who listened to me rant about boys and made me tea for when I got up in the morning. She soothes my soul and makes my world peaceful, I was glad to have her around.

Then, this morning, my friend Andrea was baptized. Afterwards we celebrated at her house, where her hilarious Romanian mother fed me so much food that I might have actually stretched out my stomach. It was so so so delicious though, I am currently looking into being adopted by her family.

I'm so thankful to be surrounded with so many people that I love so much. I have no shortage of love or laughter in my life, and I really can't help but feel overwhelmed with this blessing.

I haven't had an easy life, and I'm by no means going through an easy time, but I can recognize the support that surrounds me each and every day of my life, and I don't want to overlook this incredible gift.

I may not have a father to celebrate last sunday, but I have the most wonderful friends to celebrate everyday.

This include you! This blog has become a huge part of my life and I'm thankful for you for taking interest in my thoughts and feelings. You rock, and you bring a smile to my face each time you check my page.

I'm proud of myself for being able to look at the positives in my life, in spite of the stressors and hurts that are still so present.

thank you so, so much.



- ella faye




No comments:

Post a Comment